- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 250 gms Gobi (cauliflower)
- 1 tbsp. kasori Methi
- 1/4th cup green coriander chopped
- 3-4 green chilies chopped or to taste
- 1 small onion finely chopped (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- oil to make prataha
- Add 1/4th tsp. salt to flour and knead into a soft dough using water. Keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Grate gobi on a grater till the flower portion finishes ( do not grate the stalks)
- At the time of making add coriander, salt, green chilies, kasori methi, pepper and onion to grated gobi and mix. (do not keep this mixture for long as gobi will leave water and turn soggy)
- Heat Tava. divide the dough into equal portion balls.
- Roll out 2 balls into equal sized chapattis. On one chapatti spread some gobi mixture leaving a margin. Apply water on the margin and close with the other chapati pressing down at the margin so that both chapati stick. Slightly roll out again.
- Put the above on the hot tava. wait for a minute. Turn. add oil and fry to crisp.
- Serve hot with white butter, pickle and curds.
- Add some cheese and herbs to make it Italian
- To make it garlic gobi ka paratha: heat a tsp of oil add 2 tsp. chopped garlic and burn it. add the same to the gobi mixture.
- Add some greens of onion to the gobi mixture.
Bonn appetite : Rajul Sanghvi